[patch] Fix annoying squiggle bug

Subject: [patch] Fix annoying squiggle bug
From: Aaron Lehmann (aaronl@vitelus.com)
Date: Sun May 28 2000 - 15:53:40 CDT

Ever since AbiWord 0.7.8, turing off interactive spell checking ("spell
check as you type") has not worked. To reproduce the problem, turn off
interactive spell checking and then type a ten character garbage word,
press delete, and press space twice. On my Linux system running CVS
AbiWord, this would underline the word with a squiggle and possibly mess
up some of the drawing. I put a few hours into correcting this and after a
lot of frustration, I finally got it. The attached patch Works For Me
(TM). If it passes the deadly QA testing, please commit it and make a lot
of anti-squiggle zealots' lives better. Thanks.

Aaron Lehmann