Re: Scripting with Visual Basic Clone

Subject: Re: Scripting with Visual Basic Clone
From: Big Ed (
Date: Wed Jun 28 2000 - 17:36:46 CDT

Actually that's a pretty good idea. One of the things that is going to have
to happen is people are going to have to learn yet another scripting
language to create macros/etc., but if you can use a VBS clone, that will
make the transition CONSIDERABLY easier. But please remember to restrict
the ever-living mess out of the VB clone to avoid macro virii.

Also, I haven't taken a look at all on how Abiword displays text, but what
would need to take place to anti-alias the fonts? I know this is probably
beating a dead penguin, but I'm just curious where the anti-aliasing would
need to take place. (Abiword, Gnome, X, etc...)

*going back to lurking now....*