Subject: Bug 768 is still there (at least for me)
From: Sami Pesonen (email@example.com)
Date: Tue Jun 27 2000 - 14:36:21 CDT
Abiword crashes when typing non English craracters (like ÅÄÖ) when
<CAPS LOCK> is pressed on. There is no problem with <SHIFT> key and
these characters, only with <CAPS LOCK>. Is there anyone who can
reproduse this bug?
I have crashed AbiWord with versions 0.7.8, 0.7.9 and 0.7.10.
My system is Red Hat Linux 6.1 with latest Gnome 1.2. And my
keymap in X is 'fi'.
And here comes step-by-step instruction that I earlier sent to Paul
1. Start AbiWord
2. Put <CAPS LOCK> on (if it isn't allready)
3. Press <Ä>
4. AbiWord core dumps
And if you have problems changing X's keymap here comes:
1. go to virtual terminal 1 with <CTRL>+<ALT>+<F1>
2. login as root
3. edit your XF86Config file with command: emacs /etc/X11/XF86Config
use what ever editor you want (pico, vi, vim)
4. change line XkbLayout="yourkeymap" to XkbLayout="fi"
5. save your changes by <CTRL>+<X>+<C>
6. go back to virtual terminal 7 by pressing <CTRL>+<ALT>+<F7>
and log out and log in, so your keymap will change to fi
7. crash AbiWord! You find <Ö> next to right from <L>
Feel free to ask more, if problems.
/Sami Pesonen - mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
http://gnome-fi.sourceforge.net/ - Gnome Finnish Translation Team
http://www.saunalahti.fi/spesonen/sami/ - My homepage
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b25 : Tue Jun 27 2000 - 14:33:35 CDT