Re: "abiword' Software

Subject: Re: "abiword' Software
From: sam th (
Date: Fri Jun 23 2000 - 18:00:58 CDT

On Fri, 23 Jun 2000 wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 23, 2000 at 12:49:16PM -0400, Janet Casey wrote:
> > If there's anything you think should be added (particularly
> > individuals who have contributed) please e-mail me.
> >
> > Thank you very much for your help!
> Generally, this synopsis looks pretty good, with a couple of additions note below. The closest thing to an official maintainer would be myself, but really the list as a whole would be a a much more accurate answer.

I agree that your additions, and think that Bob is too self-deprecating
(this wouldn't work without him), but have one additional comment.

You make the distinct implication (with the references to GTK and X,
etc) that AbiWord is a linux, or a unix, application. This is untrue, as
AbiWord is designed from the ground up to be cross-platform. We will run
on everything from AIX to QNX, meaning that soon you will be able to
wordprocess on your toaster. (Thanks Thomas). Our Windows and QNX builds
are at the same level as Linux (note that I don't use the term port).

In fact, to the best of anyone here's knowledge, AbiWord is the most XP
word processor available.

                                     sam th

Version: GnuPG v1.0.1 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: For info see