Re: [BeOS] #ifdef in xp/... ?

Subject: Re: [BeOS] #ifdef in xp/... ?
From: Thomas Fletcher (
Date: Mon Jul 24 2000 - 10:03:34 CDT

On Mon, 24 Jul 2000 wrote:

> Hi all,
> I just wanted to see some green in Tinderbox BeOS column...
> BeOS does not support restartable mbtowc (and surch) nor
> does it defines m_state. I've read in the guidelines (rule #6 ?)
> that #ifdef <platform> is not allowed in cross-platform code.
> So my question : how to fix the build ? Should ut_mbtowc.cpp
> be platform-specific ?

It isn't a hard rule, ie if you have no other way to
address the problem then you can do an #ifdef. In
fact if you take a look at the current ut_mb* code
you will see that there is in fact there already is
an #if def in there for QNXNTO since Neutrino's libc
seems to be missing these calls (for whatever reason)
so I had to punt and put some different code in as
a temporary measure.

Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems Neutrino Development Group