Re: Margins and Page Numbers

Subject: Re: Margins and Page Numbers
From: Paul Rohr (
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 18:41:29 CST

At 10:41 PM 2/21/00 -0700, Logan Hall wrote:
>Matthew Stapleton wrote:
>> A few days ago I asked about how to insert page numbers. It worked out
>> great. The problem I encountered was that the page numbers were
>> overlapping the documents text. So either need a solution to change the
>> margin of the main document or the position of the page numbers. The
>> first is preferred.
>Are you on win or unix? On unix I just print to a postscript file and then
>figgure out where i need to instert page breaks so that it breaks at the
>margins. I had a terrible time figguring this out the first time but with
>some playing it will work. Should work on win too but it will probably
>take alot of printing.

Ick. I admire your courage, but that sounds obnoxious.

To reiterate, the following features should be considered experimental at
best, or perhaps just plain broken:

  - page numbers
  - headers and footers

Yes, there is a fair amount of code there to try and make these features
sort-of-work, but that's only a start. What we really need to do is find
folks willing to spend the time to finish these features so that they Just