GNOME Canvas? (was Re: patch -- bug 10)

Subject: GNOME Canvas? (was Re: patch -- bug 10)
From: Martin Sevior (
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 20:22:34 CST

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
> What I am trying to say is that I do not think that Microsoft makes a good
> role model when it comes to word procesor development. Their products in
> the early ninties had all the features I would ever need and did not have
> all of the annonying "features" of modern incarnations of Word. Please
> don't mess up as bad as MS did! At least, can you delay the inclusion of a
> paper clip for now? ;-)

I don't think anyone here wants a dancing paper clip - however I had
thought it would be really cool if the GNOME front end was anti-aliased
using libart. It might make it too slow though. What do you think?

I've looked a bit at the gr_Unix stuff and I don't think it would be too
hard to convert it to using the GNOME Canvas. It would be work though!

Gotta get that insert_symbol dialog, then Equation Editor, then...

Martin Sevior